Good to know:
- Kihnu can be reached by a ferry from the Munalaiu port. Ferry schedules, bus information, and tickets are available at veeteed.com.
- Kihnu does not have an ATM.
- Kihnu's cafés are not opened all year round. Catering information is available at visitkihnu.ee
- Kihnu port has an automatic petrol station where water dwellers can also gas up.
- Kihnu has two grocery stores that are opened daily.
- The best way to discover the island is by foot or bike.
- There is an interactive tourist office at the port.
- Emergency 112
- Port captain 5332 8095
- Kihnu Rural Municipality Government 4469910
- Kihnu Post Office 5229458
- Kihnu Museum 58188094
- Kihnu Community Centre 5186819
- Kihnu Health Centre 4469907
- Kihnu School 4469933
- Kihnu is the biggest and the only independent island in the Gulf of Riga.
- As of 1 January 2017, there are 701 people living in Kihnu.
- There are four villages on the island: Lemsi, Roostiküla, Linaküla, Sääreküla.
- maessakas – a person from the mainland
- marguun – big storm, gale
- maesõma kiel – Estonian language
- aitima – thank you
- odoma – to wait
- jues – swan
- kört – skirt of Kihnu traditional clothing
- jõlus – beautiful
- lie – sandy beach
- mungapõlinõ – very old
- ooma – to swim
- puaek – lighthouse
- troi– Kihnu man's knitted sweater
- vesiaol – washed to the shore
- vjõllõl – dead tired
- õun – potato
- ülge – seal
- ubavus – pastime, entertainment
- laod – islets
- its – momentum